Jetboating.net Home
Login CreateAccount News Forums Galleries Articles Boats Destinations Events Links Search

Forum:  Other Boats     

Previous Thread     Next Thread
Upholstery seams starting to give....
Posted on Aug 14,2012 11:40:14 AM GMT         Other Boats - General Question
TechJunkie
# of posts:28

The rear bench isn't holding up so well given the fact that. It is used as a step every time someone gets in or out of the water from the rear platform. I've got a few seams splitting. Until now there were just a couple of minor splits that weren't getting any bigger and really weren't that unsightly but now there is a new split that is getting very large and very noticeable. I was hoping to remove the bench cushion and bring it in for repair or reupholstering but can't seem to figure out how to remove it. Inspecting a little more closely yesterday I noticed that there is a panel in the engine compartment behind the bench and above the gas tank. There is sound proofing over this panel but I think I can see where the screws are located for removal based on the punctures in the sound proofing/heat shield foil. 

Before I go through the trouble of doing that, can anyone confirm for me whether removing that panel will give me the access I need to the underside of the bench in order to remove it or is there some other way?

Thanks in advance...

Other than that she is holding up well...compounded and waxed her at the beginning of the season and removed all of the decals except for the "polaris" markings on port and starboard sides. Had to replace the belt again...this time did it before it actually failed while out on the water. Seems like it is going to be a once a year thing for me...any other owners have this issue as well?  Easy to change and doesn't require tools but I wonder what is making it wear so quickly?  Visually I don't see anything wrong with any of the pulleys or tensioner. I plan on keeping a spare on board at all times now just in case.

Driving in Hampton Bays, NY last week I actually saw an LS2100 being trailered. Also, a neighbor that lives about 1000 yards from me has an EX2100 in his driveway...for a rare boat I seem to be coincidentally seeing my fare share of them.

Reply to this Message

Thread Index: